Google Minesweeper has learned the scrutiny of the time and its popularity didn’t wither over time. People of all ages love to play this game to test their logical skills and have fun. Minesweeper is all about clearing a grid of hidden mines behind squares without detonating any.
Logical skills and analytical skills are necessary to play this game. Using the skills and moving according to the clues given by the number on the screen, one can easily play this game. It’s important to clear all the safe squares in this puzzling game. If someone accidentally detonates a mine, the game will end.
In this article, we’ll uncover some significant strategies to play the game. Moreover, how to play Minesweeper guide will be also discussed here.
How to Play Minesweeper?
Playing Google Minesweeper isn’t hard, if one plays the game carefully. After opening the game, one can play the game with a mouse on PCs. The first click always lands the player on safe tiles. The left click opens the squares and the right click can place a red flag on the square.
If you right-click on the red flag, change it into a question mark. Here are some key facts about the game to remember;
- When the player opens a square that doesn’t have any mines around it, it will be empty. Moreover, all the adjacent squares to it will open up unless one has a number.
- An effective strategy to play this game is that one should randomly click the tiles until a wide area of numbers opens up on the screen.
- One can also do chording (clicking the tiles while pressing both right and left mouse buttons) on the times or squares.
- If someone places the appropriate number of red flags on a false square, the mine will explode.
How to Play Minesweeper Better?
Many people who are not good at Sudoku, or Chess, may find it difficult to play this game. However, it’s easy to play once a player gets familiar with the patterns of Minesweeper. Making calculated risks when necessary, understanding probability, recognizing definitive patterns on the grid, familiarity with the patterns, and patience are essential for winning every game.
One needs persistence and practice to achieve the skills that are required to play this game. Hence, one must not lose hope in tricky situations and weigh the odds carefully to make a winning choice.
How many Levels Does Minesweeper have?
Google Minesweeper has three major levels. Each level has a different number of mines. Each level ends when all the safe squares are opened.
- Easy or beginner level has 8 x 8 or 9×9 shares with 10 mines
- The intermediate level has 16 x 16 squares with 40 mines
- The expert level has a 30 x 16 grid with 90 mines
- There’s also a custom level with 30 x 24 grid and 10 mines
What are the Basic Patterns in Minesweeper?
Google Minesweeper encompasses a simplistic design and easy-to-navigate features. However, the gaming patterns can be difficult to comprehend for beginners. Here are a few basic patterns of the game;
- When a number touches the same number on the squares, it must be mines. Like number 1 with adjacent number 1s insinuates that there must be a mine.
- A common mistake is to observe the fake 1 on a corner where the 1 already drops a mine.
- Two famous patterns used in this game are 1 2 1 and 1 2 2 1 patterns. Both have only one solution.
- In the 1 2 X pattern, the X is always a mine.
- Another advanced pattern is 1 1 X which initiated from the border.
- In a 1 1 X pattern, the first 1 touches two tiles, while the second 1 senses 3 tiles, and the mine must be in the third square (reverse of 1 2 X pattern).
- Occasionally a mine is among a subset of tiles, hence, other squares must be a safe zone.
- Complex mine arrangements can be simple patterns by subtracting the mines from the number.
Mimessweeoer has various discussion forums on social media accounts where game enthusiasts discuss information about key patterns, their solutions, and the logic behind them. If one can’t understand a game or pattern, one can consult the experts on the social media accounts of this game.
Moreover, one can also discuss various aspects of this puzzling game and make friends while having fun. With the advent of digital technology, the game has gone through various transformations to meet the day. Yet, the classic version of this game has been famous among players of every age.
Don’t forget to carefully read the strategies to employ in Google Minesweeper and apply them carefully to win the game.
You may contact us at Gmail