Are you a pro or an amateur at playing cards? Tripeaks Solitaire is one of the famous card games that Solitaire enthusiasts love to play. Tripeaks Solitaire is an easier variant of Spider Solitaire, but it’s more challenging than the classical solitaire, Klondike.
Tripeaks is a combination of Golf Solitaire, Pyramid Solitaire, and Spider Solitaire. Robert Hogue invented this game in 1989. If one needs mental stimulation while testing their luck and strategy, Tripeaks could be the best choice. However, Spider Solitaire is for pros of card games.
This fast-paced and communicative game has allowed millions of people towards it. Whether one is alone at home or in a group of jubilant friends, playing Tripeaks could be a fun way to pass the time. If you don’t know how to play this Solitaire game, or you want to learn some tricks for winning. If you want to learn new things about Tripeaks, this article is just for you.
How to Play Tripeaks Solitaire?
Tripeaks need the standard deck of 52 cards. For playing with your friends one needs just a small space, a table, and a deck of cards. If one doesn’t like going out, then one could play this game on the web. There are various apps specializing in card games.
Setting up the Game and Dealing Cards
- Shuffle the cards and divide them into separate piles. This is how the tableau initiates (peak).
- Keep the cards down and don’t peep at the numbers.
Dealing with pyramids means that one needs to build tri peaks or tri towers. Here is what you need to know about dealing with pyramids;
- Place two cards underneath the first card but they must be facing down.
- After that, place two more playing cards underneath them, slightly overlapping the above cards.
- The shape of the cards must be triangular and the above step should be exercised for each card placed in the first step.
- The pyramids should be close to each other, but they shouldn’t be interlocking with one another.
- The last row of each pyramid must have four cards, 12 in total which connect the peak.
- First deal with the last card by facing it up.
- The leftover ones would be your stock or pile.
Dealing a Card from the Stock
- First, flip one card from the pile and it’s the advent of your discard or waste stock.
- The card you turn over will decide the next move that can be played. This step is similar to Klondike gameplay.
- In Klondike, one moves the hard from the waste to the pile. However, Tripeaks players deal the cards from pyramids to the waste.
- The objective is to move each card from the pyramids to the waste.
Moving the Cards to the Waste Pile
- Carefully observe the cards in the tri-peaks and choose the one that has the highest number than the last card in the stockpile.
- Aces have the privilege of being played as high cards, wild cards, or low cards. It depends upon the choice of the players on how they want to use numbers on the cards.
- If there is a 7 card at the end of the pile, one can move 6s or 8s of any suit to the waste.
Flipping the Cards
- One needs to remember that the fourth card is removed first from the pyramids. Then the card beneath it can be removed as well.
- However, if there’s a card under another card, the one at the bottom will move first. Likewise, after the fourth card, one can deal with the third card in the stock.
How to Use Cards in Stock?
There are two popular ways of playing Tripeak Solitaire. Usually, the game ends after cycling through the stock (after flipping all the cards in the pyramid). In some games, players go through the cards in the stock multiple times.
What if there’s no worthy card to deal with among the face-up cards in the stockpile? It’s a tricky situation, however, you can turn over other cards in such a situation. After placing a card in the waste, one can’t redeem it.
How to Win Games in Tripeaks Solitaire?
Using a few strategies, one can easily win in Tripeaks and shock the other players through their mastery of this game. Luck and strategies play a fundamental role in winning the games. Here are some key strategies to boost your winning odds.
- In Tripeaks, numbers play a significant role. Colors or shapes don’t. One needs to pile up cards with a number lower or higher than the card placed in waste.
- Don’t try to build cards in ascending or descending order. It is a waste of time and can also make you lose the game. Focus on the high or low numbers and use a method to stock up the waste that suits the game best.
- Don’t randomly move blocks. Rather, focus on one side at a time to avoid blockage of moves.
- Try to put your efforts in the numbers that would let you have additional moves.
- Remember that Tripeaks Solitaire is a fast-paced game and it makes it easier to make various mistakes. Take your time, patiently decide your moves, and play carefully.
- Longer sequences of cards yield more points. Henceforth, try to create a longer sequence of cards.
How to Win Every Tripeaks Game?
If someone is playing an online game that encompasses various challenges, deals, and points. In such a situation, one can win all the games. For destroying a single peak, the player receives a bonus from the system. In most of the games, there’s a time restriction.
The earlier a game finishes, the more points will be awarded to the player. If someone is playing a game at home and it gets tricky to move the cars. Don’t panic as it happens occasionally. In such conditions, one needs to re-deal and begin again.
Where to Play Tripeaks Solitaire Free Online?
There are various apps and websites where one can enjoy Tripeaks Solitaire. Both Google Play Store and Apple App Store provide one of the best Solitaire games.
Here’s a list of top Tripeaks apps;
- Tripeaks Solitaire Tournament
- Solitaire Tripeaks Blitz
- Tripeaks Solitaire Cube
- Golf Solitaire Tripeaks
- Solitaire Tripeaks Journey
- Tiki Solitaire Tripeaks
With a good internet connection and a smart device, one can play solitaire games free on these apps after installing them from the Play Store. They have a simple user interface and easy gameplay modes with HD graphics.
If one doesn’t like downloading apps or doesn’t have enough storage, visit this website to play your favorite game;
- Solitaire Paradise
If there is any query regarding the Tripeaks Solitaire, ask in the comments below. For more information, you may visit Gamesbing.com.